WELCOME!!

Hello from The 4 Brothers Ranch! Our family has a lot going on and a couple blogs in order to keep things organized. You can find all our homeschooling stuff here! Annissa's regular everyday blog is called A PAGE IN MY BOOK and also there is a blog to update the kids medical issues at MY UNIQUE FLOWERS. Please check those out too!

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Sharing ...

It's time for me to really buckle down and figure out what we are going to do the first couple of months.

There are a couple things I want to share - as much for me - for record - and for my readers ......

Readers?


(knock:::knock)  Is anyone out there?

First, does your kids love Legos?  I know my boys do.  Even my little ones who really aren't into Legos, they just like them because their brother's think it's cool! 

Lego Magazine is giving away 2-Year Subscriptions for free....  I signed all my boys up (minus the teen) ...  There is a JR version of the magazine for those under 7 and I know all my boys would like to get mail, and upon getting their own magazine, it'll reduce fighting over them. 

(Click the pictures to take you to the link, same link for both)


Also - I saw this fun little thing on Facebook .... 

For a mom with a child, who has (had) a cleft palate .... It thought this was great!!!  It can control the little bit of air they can get through ....
Sometimes preschoolers have a hard time blowing bubbles with traditional bubble wands. The wands can get slippery and difficult for little hands to hold and blow.

Cut a small hole at the bottom edge of the water bottle (single serving size), this will become a mouthpiece for blowing bubbles. Make sure there are no sharp edges! 


Dip the bottle mouth into the bubble solution and then blow through the hole you created.


 We haven't tried it out yet.  Will definitely share - when we do :)


And this has been meandering around Facebook .... 
For camping or late nights at the beach? Leave 1/4 of Mountain dew in bottle (just dont drink it all), add a tiny bit of baking soda and 3 caps of peroxide. Put the lid on and shake - walla! Homemade glow stick (bottle) solution. kids

 I want to save you a little bit of trouble ....   this doesn't work.  I have had friends try it and no luck.  Dennis had looked it up and found out it doesn't work.  One of my friends left this comment on my facebook when I shared it... 

ok, thought this looked cool, tried it with the kids just now and it's such a dud!!! Didn't work, even tried doubling the baking soda and peroxide after it didn't work the first time. Still no glow...so I believe this has been BUSTED!! (Myth Busters comment)

So I want to save everyone the trouble of trying (unless you want to try it for a science experiment that fails!) ...    

 




No comments: