Hello from The 4 Brothers Ranch! Our family has a lot going on and a couple blogs in order to keep things organized. You can find all our homeschooling stuff here! Annissa's regular everyday blog is called A PAGE IN MY BOOK and also there is a blog to update the kids medical issues at MY UNIQUE FLOWERS. Please check those out too!
Sunday, August 30, 2009
You Know You Are Homeschooled If...
2. You've experienced the pain of BJU Press
3. sometimes mixed with Saxon math
4. You've been asked "so you get to do whatever you want all day?"
5. You've been asked "can you do school in your pajamas?"
6. More than one of your friends lives in the country.
7. You've ever been enrolled in The Potters School.
8. You have at least two friends that have 4 or more siblings.
9. You've been asked "so who teaches you?"
10. Upon hearing the answer "my mom" they've asked, "did she have to like go to college to be a teacher?"
11. You've actually heard of Kutless.
12. You and all your friends know Rosetta Stone is the best language program.
13. You've been asked "do you have gym class?"
14. You classify the world into two types of people- the people that say "LUCKY!" upon hearing you're homeschooled, and the people that say "wow that must stink" when hearing it.
15. You've been asked many times when you get up in the morning.
16. You're sick of people asking you when school ends and when school starts each day.
17. You don't understand how lucky you are that you don't have to eat cafeteria food.
18. You wake up every morning laughing, knowing that your public school friends are already in first or second period.
19. 2/3s of all your "field trips" take place in your back yard.
20. You know you've found someone extraordinary when they can actually make a half-decent homeschool joke.
21. You know that if that defines extraordinary, about 1 in every 50 people are extraordinary.
22. When you go out to stores during school hours you're asked "school kids have the day off today?"
23. You try ever so hard to smile and say "No, I'm homeschooled" but you really just want to roll your eyes and walk away.
24. You've been outside during school hours and a cop has actually asked you why you're not in school.
25.You often avoid telling people you're homeschooled, just so you don't have to answer all the idiotic questions stated above.